You’ve built your business from scratch and it’s time to sell your amazing products and services. But perhaps you haven’t thought about a fundamental aspect, namely how to make yourself known to your potential customers. This is where marketing and your networking skills come into play.
When it comes to growing your business, platforms such as Facebook and Instagram are essential to make yourself known and make the most of your potential: all you need is the right tools and effective content planning and social networks can become the right place to promote your business, making marketing a fun and rewarding part of your job that you don’t have to spend too much time on.
What is meant by social media marketing?
Social media marketing means the use of social media and social networks to promote an activity, but not only. Social media such as Twitter, Facebook, and the best online casino allow you to directly engage specific audiences: you can establish a connection between your business and people who may be interested in your sector or your products and thus share your brand message. you can sell directly to your customers, start conversations, and generate valuable feedback …
It is as if social media were the showcase through which you show your business to new customers, an opportunity to make a good first impression.
Why is social media marketing so important?
Promoting on social media can do a lot for your brand as it helps you connect with the right audience and show that your business is trustworthy and values its customers.
Here are some factors that determine the importance of social media marketing:
- Increase brand awareness: Social media presents your business to potential customers, who can then see what are, for example, the best products you offer. Furthermore, the most important aspect is that they drive traffic to your website or online shop.
- Generate potential customers as it directly targets people interested in your products or services. Consequently, the conversion rate and sales increase. There are many ways to attract potential customers, such as through contests, special offers, promotions, or by selling directly using features like Facebook for Business.
- Promote customer and community engagement: Social media allows your followers to interact directly with your brand, for example by giving you the ability to quickly answer their questions and help them find what they are looking for. This type of interaction allows you to manage your customers’ objections and build a relationship of trust that shows your interest in them.
- It allows you to learn from the competition by studying their social media marketing strategies. Observing how companies similar to yours conduct marketing campaigns or interact with their followers can help you understand which content potential customers find most interesting.
How to create a social media marketing strategy
The first step is to define a strategy to use on social media. Next, you can choose the platforms that best suit your needs and start creating content. Below, we have reported a small guide to explain to you what are the most important points you need to consider in creating your strategy.
1. Define your buyer personas (your typical customers)
Before promoting your business on social media, you need to choose your specific audience.
The Ninja Marketing website offers a perfect definition of buyer personas: “The generalized representation of a company’s ideal customer, the starting point for identifying potential customers”. The idea is therefore to research potential customers in-depth and, subsequently, to categorize them into groups to extrapolate the ideal customers. Once you have established what they are, you need to study them to understand their needs and contact them through the right social channel and using content they may be interested in.
2. The best social media marketing channels
When it comes to social media marketing, Facebook and Twitter are undoubtedly two of the most used platforms. However, it is important to consider that there is no one-size-fits-all approach and that your business could have more benefits if you used another channel.
Furthermore, it is always better not to overdo it by bringing your business on all the existing social platforms: better if you start using a couple of them to understand which one is right for you before moving on to the others. Not sure which one to start with? You can always try several using a private account to figure out which one you like best.
3. Develop a social media content posting plan for your business
Once you’ve defined your audience and picked the right social platforms, you’re only half done. Now you need to take care of creating compelling content that highlights your brand. The real challenge is being able to do this regularly amidst all the other daily activities. This is why content planning is so important.
The content to be published on social media depends on your project and the goal you want to achieve. For your followers, “relevant” content is what generates attraction, interest, or entertainment, while your content is effective when it strengthens the bond with your brand or creates interest in your products or offers.
Make sure the strategy behind your content planning takes into account your goals and buyer personas. For example, if you are looking to improve your image in the eyes of your customers, posting kitten photos, while funny, will probably not help you.